Roundtable 360: Business of Balance
- Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM
- Alkek Library Alkek Teaching Theatre
Lively, respectful conversation on "hot" topics" is the Roundtable 360's continued purpose for the 4th annual offering. Business of Balance will focus on mental health in the workplace.
1. Ms. Brooke Brownlow, VP HR H-E-B. With a proactive wellness business model for over 76,000 employees, this innovative company focuses on disability management with appropriate treatment, full parity of mental health benefits with an emphasis on wellness of its partners. H-E-B cut costs by 40% on mental health issues while strengthening their health programs.
2. Colonel Jeffrey S. Yarvis, Deputy Commander/ VP for Behavioral Health at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and Visiting Professor Institute for Clinical Social Work in Chicago. Dr. Yarvis has practiced internationally with disaster, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual abuse, accident, and war-induced trauma across many different cultures and populations.
3. Mr. Wylie Kumler, Austin TX, partner Melton and Kumler, LLP. As a former Assistant Attorney General in General Litigation, he focused on employment issues including claims of discrimination focused on the constitutionality of state statutes in the administration of the state hospital system. In private practice, Kumler represents clients injured in employment discrimination based on disability and wrongful termination.
- Department of Finance & Economics
- Common Experience
- Academic, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Staff, Undergraduate Students