Exploring Democracy's Promise: The History of Integration in Williamson County
- Monday, October 06, 2014 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Round Rock Campus Avery Building, Room 252
Texas State's Round Rock campus will celebrate the fortitude and courage of those who experienced segregation. A panel discussion will feature four individuals who graduated and/or attended racially segregated schools and who were some of the first individuals to attend integrated schools will discuss their experiences and the impact on their futures. In addition, the Hopewell Middle School choir will perform, and children’s art will be displayed highlighting the Common Experience theme: "Exploring Democracy’s Promise." This event will investigate the history of social justice in our Round Rock community as well as raise important questions about power and equity today.
- Department of Curriculum & Instruction, Round Rock Campus, Round Rock Arts Council
- Common Experience
- Academic, Celebrations, Community Service, Exhibitions
- Faculty, General Interest, Undergraduate Students