Women and Gender Research Collaborate 2015 Symposium: Democracy's Promise: Deisolating Gendered Experiences
- Friday, March 27, 2015 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- LBJ Student Center Ballroom and Conference Rooms
Join a diverse group of participants as we consider how democracy impacts gender. Special guests include two of the women who first integrated Texas State University in 1964 — Georgia Hoodye Cheatham and Helen Jackson Franks — with a keynote address by Professor Maria Lowe, Ph.D., of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Southwestern University. The schedule also includes morning sessions, afternoon sessions, and an awards ceremony. See link below for details.
- Center for Diversity and Gender Studies in collaboration with campus partners
- Common Experience
- Academic, Celebrations, Conference, Exhibitions, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students