Dia de los Muertos Celebration
- Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Off Campus City Park Rec Hall in San Marcos
Dia de los Muertos is a rich combination of indigenous and Spanish cultural traditions, transcending borders and generations, which celebrates the lives of loved ones who have passed away. This free event is a collaboration between the Honors College, Center for the Study of the Southwest, Multicultural Programs Committee, El Centro Cultural Hispano de San Marcos, and various student organizations. Enjoy an evening filled with music, dance, food, face painting, and crafts as you learn about what this holiday means and how to create your own Dia de los Muertos altar. Share stories, but take home more than just memories!
- Honors College, Center for the Study of the Southwest, Multicultural Programs Committee, El Centro Cultural Hispano de San Marcos
- Common Experience
- Celebrations, Dance, Entertainment, Honors, Music, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students