DE LA TIERRA | Curated by Michael Anthony Garcia
- Wednesday, September 09, 2015 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Joann Cole Mitte University Gallery I
This exhibition runs through October 7, 2015.
Y No Se Lo Tragó La Tierra (And the Earth Did Not Devour Him) centers on the migrant worker experience through childhood memories, presented as a series of vignettes. Guest curator Michael Anthony Garcia assembled a varied group of artists to create works within a similar structure; the resulting exhibition explores the vibrant imagery of Tomás Rivera’s novel and the immigrant/migrant worker issues at the heart of it. This exhibition is structured to be a nexus of conversation about the topics, images, and issues that Rivera wove into the vignettes of his novel — both between the creatives (curator/artists) involved, as well as the visitor within the gallery space. We invite you to join us in conversation about this influential literary work.
- University Galleries, School of Art & Design
- Common Experience
- Academic, Celebrations, Entertainment, Exhibitions, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students