Dreams, Voices, Power: A Conversation on HIV in the Latino Community
- Tuesday, December 01, 2015 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Centennial Hall Teaching Theater, Room 157
On World AIDS Day, Richard Zaldivar will be speaking about HIV awareness, community engagement, and testing and care in the Latino community. Zaldivar is the founder and executive director of The Wall Las Memorias Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting wellness and preventing illness among Latino populations affected by HIV/AIDS. Combining HIV/AIDS education and prevention, sensitivity to the spiritual needs and religious beliefs of its clients and supporters, along with a commitment to social justice, The Wall Las Memorias under Zaldivar’s leadership has been in the forefront of the fight against HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles and beyond.
- Bienestar Coalition / PartySafe
- Common Experience
- Academic, Community Service, Health, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students