Monica Haller: Object for Deployment / Veterans Book Project
- Tuesday, November 01, 2016 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Joann Cole Mitte The University Galleries
This exhibition runs through November 18, 2016.
The Veterans Book Project is a collection of 50 books authored collaboratively by artist Monica Haller and individuals with firsthand experience of war. Many of the authors are veterans of the recent U.S.-led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, some are family members of soldiers, and others are Iraqi or Afghan civilians living in the United States. The books were all made in the U.S., where the wars were launched but rarely collectively seen and discussed. Haller's work spans video, installation, design, sound, photography and writing and has focused on violent and nonviolent activities in human and environmental systems. She is the recipient of a 2014 Efroymson Fellowship, a 2010 Guggenheim Fellowship, National Endowment for the Arts support in 2010, and a 2008 Jerome Fellowship, among others.
- The University Galleries, School of Art and Design
- Common Experience
- Entertainment, Exhibitions, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students