Dr. Raj Patel: The Long Green Revolution
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Alkek Library Teaching Theater
As we face the most critical global challenges of our time — income disparities, malnutrition, and climate change — Texas State is honored to host award-winning writer, activist, and academic, Dr. Raj Patel, to address the question: how do we continue to feed a growing world population despite limited resources? In honor of World Food Day and Texas State’s 2016-2017 Common Experience "A Century of Conflict," Dr. Patel will explore the influence of technology, classism, and the financial industry on current and historical food production, and address the interconnectedness of global conflict and food access.
- University Lecturers Series; School of Family and Consumer Sciences; Common Experience; College of Applied Arts; Departments of Geography, Philosophy, History, and Sociology; Honors College; Student Nutrition Organization
- Common Experience
- Academic, Entertainment, Health, Honors, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students