Exhibit | Memories from My Duffel Bag
- Tuesday, January 03, 2017 11:00 AM - 3:55 AM
- Alkek Library first floor exhibit space
As part of the 2016-2017 Common Experience theme — "A Century of Conflict: Dialogues on the U.S. Experience of War since 1917" — this exhibit will help tell the many stories from Texas State veterans, as well as those who are still serving, among our students, faculty, and staff. The exhibit, titled "Memories from My Duffel Bag," is intended to promote understanding of what it is like to go to war by displaying veterans' and service members' personal items/mementos from the time of their service. It will run from January 3 to March 26, 2017, appearing in the large, enclosed display on the first floor of Alkek Library. This exhibit of photos, uniforms, diaries, medals and other personal items will provide a deeper understanding of military service while encouraging further conversations and research.
Note: This exhibit will be unavailable during spring break (March 11-19) while Alkek Library is closed.
- Common Experience, University Seminar, Veterans Alliance of Texas State (VATS), Tutor Corps, SLAC, The Wittliff Collections
- Common Experience
- Academic, Exhibitions, Honors
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students