Film Screening | Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Alkek Library Teaching Theater
Since 2001, more veterans have died by their own hand than in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, one veteran dies by suicide in America every 80 minutes.
Based in Canandaigua, New York, and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the Veterans Crisis Line receives more than 22,000 calls each month from veterans of all conflicts who are struggling or contemplating suicide due to the psychological wounds of war and the challenges of returning to civilian life.
This 40-minute HBO Documentary — Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 — spotlights the traumas endured by America's veterans, as seen through the work of the hotline's trained responders, who provide immediate intervention and support in hopes of saving the lives of service members.
- Free to students, faculty, staff, and members of Friends of Fine Arts & Communication
- University Performing Arts Committee
- Common Experience
- Academic, Community Service, Entertainment, Health, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students