Bobcats for Warrior Brain Health
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Off Campus Texas Army National Guard Armory, 201 Jowers Access Road, San Marcos
This mini-symposium will feature invited speakers from Brooke Army Medical Center/DVBIC addressing the impact of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and sport-related concussion on the military family. The purpose of the event is to highlight the progress of medical care for soldiers with TBI since World War I, including advancements in recent years. The roles of research and medicine in maintaining brain health for the military family with respect to sport-related concussion will also be covered. The intended outcome is to improve military and civilian knowledge and access to available healthcare resources for individuals who have sustained a TBI. Veterans with disabilities will be introduced to potential opportunities for integration back into the workforce. Free ice cream for attendees.
- Department of Health and Human Performance, Veterans Affairs, Army ROTC, SLAC, Brooke Army Medical Center/DVBIC (San Antonio), Yumi Ice Cream, DylanListed
- Common Experience
- Academic, Career, Community Service, Conference, Health, Lectures, Mental Health & Wellness, Sports, Training
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students