Veteran Paper Workshop: Bookbinding
- Friday, April 07, 2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Joann Cole Mitte Texas State Galleries, 2nd floor foyer
Drew Mattot will work with campus participants to bind books made from paper during the week.
Veteran Paper Workshop is an international program that brings together veteran communities to make paper from old, un-servicable uniforms. Through the act of repurposing uniforms, former members of the military share stories of their personal experience while in service and since returning from deployments. Through this open and creative dialogue members of the non-veteran community are able to better understand and appreciate those who have served in the military. Since 2011, Peace Paper Project has conducted Veteran Paper Workshops throughout the USA, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Ukraine.
- Common Experience, Honors College, Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion, Texas State Galleries, Veterans Alliance of Texas State (VATS)
- Common Experience
- Academic, Celebrations, Community Service, Entertainment, Exhibitions, Honors, Lectures, Training, Visual Arts
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students