Exhibit | Memories from My Duffel Bag
- Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:00 AM - 11:55 PM
- Alkek Library first floor exhibit space
As part of the 2016-2017 Common Experience theme — "A Century of Conflict: Dialogues on the U.S. Experience of War since 1917" — this exhibit helps tell the many stories from Texas State veterans, as well as those who are still serving, among our students, faculty, and staff. The exhibit, titled "Memories from My Duffel Bag," is intended to promote understanding of what it is like to go to war by displaying veterans' and service members' personal items/mementos from the time of their service. It will run from January 3 to May 15, 2017, appearing in the large, enclosed display on the first floor of Alkek Library. This exhibit of photos, uniforms, diaries, medals and other personal items provides a deeper understanding of military service while encouraging further conversations and research.
- Common Experience, University Seminar, Veterans Alliance of Texas State (VATS), Tutor Corps, SLAC, The Wittliff Collections
- Common Experience
- Academic, Exhibitions, Honors
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students