TXST Opera Theatre: The Turn of the Screw
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Performing Arts Center Patti Strickel Harrsion Theatre
Texas State University Opera Theatre program presents "The Turn of the Screw",
Benjamin Britten, composer and Myfanwy Piper, librettist;
Joshua Miller, director and producer;
Kristin Roach, conductor and principal coach
Patti Strickel Harrison Theatre in the Performing Arts Center
"Based on Henry James’ fabulously creepy novella, Benjamin Britten’s 20th-century operatic masterpiece The Turn of the Screw is incisive, evocative, spare, and profoundly mysterious. Hired to tutor two children living at a great estate deep in the English countryside, a governess is strongly warned never to ask help of her employer and to rely solely on the housekeeper, but she soon discovers there are more people inhabiting the estate than she was aware. Who are these mysterious residents and what exactly is their relationship with the children?"
Open to the public. Tickets may be purchased in advance at http://www.txstatepresents.com or at the door. The ticket booth opens 30 minutes prior to the start of the program. Fee-based parking is available at the Edward Gary Street Garage, located across the street from the Performing Arts Center. (Attention students enrolled in the Department Recital course: This is a MAROON event).
- $15* Adults/$8* Students, Senior Citizens & military (with ID) (*plus $2 handling fee per ticket purchased on-line or at the door). To order tickets in advance, please visit http://www.txstatepresents.com
- School of Music
- School of Music
- Entertainment, Music, Theatre
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students