Blue Texas: Back to the Future
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:30 PM - 2:20 PM
- Flowers Hall 230
The Center for the Study of the Southwest
Blue Texas: Back to the future
a Reflection by
Wednesday, October 25th | 12:30 - 2:30 |Flowers Hall 230
Blue Texas is about the other Texas, a mid-twentieth-century hotbed of community organizing, liberal politics, and civil rights activism. At the ballot box and in the streets, Mexican Americans, African Americans and labor activists demanded not only integration but economic justice, labor rights, and real political power for all. And it worked, permanently changing the racial political order in Texas.
In this talk, Max Krochmal goes back to the politics of community organizing in Jim Crow Texas to consider all of our futures in Texas after Trump and after Hurricane Harvey.
- The Center for the Study of the Southwest
- Center for the Study of the Southwest
- Academic, Entertainment, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students