The Marshall Project: The Media's Watchdog Role and the Criminal Justice System
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Hines Academic Center Room 204
Kirsten Danis, managing editor of The Marshall Project, will discuss the nonprofit news organization's focus on the U.S. criminal justice system. After launching in 2014, The Marshall Project has won some of the most prestigious prizes in journalism, including the Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting, two George Polk awards and a National Magazine Award for General Excellence. Ms. Danis has a distinguished career in journalism, working as an editor at The Wall Street Journal, leading a team that was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in Public Service, and serving as the managing editor at the New York Daily News. She has also worked as a reporter at the New York Post and The Jersey Journal in Jersey City, N.J.
- School of Journalism & Mass Communication and Common Experience
- Common Experience
- Academic, Career, Deadlines, Lectures
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students