Advocacy Workshop | Effective Marijuana Legislation Advocacy
- Wednesday, November 08, 2017 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Comal The Dialogue Room (Room 116)
Politics is tough. Advocating for reform doesn't have to be. Join us for a review of the legislative process and guidance for effective advocacy at the Capitol. Presenter Heather Fazio is an advocate of individual liberty and personal responsibility, and she has worked to limit government intrusion into the lives of Texans since 2009. Serving as the executive director of Texans for Accountable Government (TAG) from 2011-2014, her priorities included privacy rights and civil liberties issues. She utilizes her passion for grassroots activism to positively effect public policy at the local and state level. As Texas Director of the Marijuana Policy Project, she is determined to enact sensible marijuana laws in Texas.
The purpose of the Advocacy Workshop series is to provide students with information related to the 2017-18 Common Experience theme — "The Search for Justice: Our Response to Crime in the 21st Century" — and guide them to be able to do something further with what they learn.
- Common Experience at Texas State University: “The Search for Justice: Our Response to Crime in the 21st Century.”
- Common Experience
- Community Service, Training
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students