Be Your Own Publicist
- Friday, June 15, 2018 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Off Campus
What would it mean to see your company in your local newspaper, a national magazine, or even on TV? It would mean exposure to an audience of new customers excited to do business with you. Media attention can be the catalyst for success, but most solopreneurs and small business owners don’t know how to tell their own story or who to tell it to. If only the deserving entrepreneur knew how to connect with traditional media outlets to get their story out there.
Fortunately, with just a few straight-forward strategies, you can get media attention to your story and business. During this workshop, you will learn:
- A framework of ideas that capture the media's attention
- What outlets are for you and who to contact there
- Writing pitches that don't get deleted
- Follow-up etiquette to get through the noise
Public relations is a skill every business owner can use. With this insight, you can successfully be your own publicist, get the media attention you deserve, and increase sales!
- See link for more information!
No number available
- Small Business Development Center
- Community Service, Conference, Theatre
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students