Terrible Mistakes Business Owners Make You Easily Can Avoid
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Off Campus
This upbeat and humorous presentation by experienced attorneys with decades of experience representing small to mid-size business owners, nonprofits, and governmental agencies covers what you as a business owner easily can do--and also teach your team to do--to avoid costly legal mistakes. Much what is addressed can be done at no cost using standard public agency resources and templates.
1. How to choose the right business entity in 2018.
2. What do PBC’s and nonprofits do and when might you really need and want them?
3. How to draft lean, simply worded effective contracts and business operating procedures that really protect you with focus on commercial leases.
4. Understand what to do to get insurance policies that cover your business operations and employees and what insurance agents often fail to offer or don’t understand themselves.
5. Learn when and how to assert insurance claims in a way that will lock in the coverage you paid for.
6. Learn how to select consulting professionals, contractors and vendors that really are who they say they are and really will do what they promise to do.
7. Learn to protect your business entity if something happens to you or your partners.
- See link for more information!
No number available
- Small Business Development Center
- Community Service, Conference, Training
- Faculty, General Interest, Graduate Students, Staff, Undergraduate Students